The Wild Atlantic Way ( WAW ) is a sensational journey of soaring cliffs and buzzing towns and cities. Discover hidden beaches , epic bays and some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Drive it from end-to-end or dip into it as the mood strikes. Whatever you decide, you can be sure it’s going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The section from Kerry through Clare and on to Galway is truly unforgettable. Experience some of the most famous locations, unforgettable drives and breathtaking scenic points on the WAW. Here are 10 of our favorites :
- Skellig Michael .. designated UNESCO World Heritage Site ( see image )
- Ring of Kerry .. world famous drive offering dramatic views and scenery
- The Dingle Peninsula .. make sure to view the mystical Blasket Islands
- Loop Head .. spectacular scenery, famous lighthouse and wildlife haven
- The Cliffs of Moher .. one of Ireland’s most visited and iconic attractions
- Doolin Village .. renowned globally for the quality of the pub music sessions
- Burren National Park .. unique landscape & UNESCO World Heritage site
- Galway Medieval City .. buzzing atmosphere with great pub / music scene
- The Sky Road .. amazing views over sea and mountain as you enter Clifden
- Killary Harbour .. stunning fjord in the heart of Connemara
Golf on the Wild Atlantic Way
The WAW in Ireland is the world’s longest defined coastal touring route and is home to some of the greatest golf courses on the island. The Wild Atlantic Way alone is blessed with over 40 golf courses , a combination of world famous links classics and hidden gems. As you travel north from the Old Head in Kinsale to Ballyliffin in Donegal, you will encounter some of the greatest golf courses in the world. Links courses such as Lahinch, Ballybunion, Tralee, Waterville, County Sligo and Enniscrone regularly feature on the world top golf course listings.
Wild Atlantic Golf Tours have designed ‘ The Collection Tours’ which focus specifically on our choice of the best 18 holes on the WAW. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for suggested golf trips at www.WildAtlanticGolfTours .